Friday, April 6, 2012

G&G Shinny Aqua and Vassen Rainbow Eyes Grayish-blue Circle Lens Review

Two more reviews of circle lenses. Both are from PinkyParadise.com, and I will provide links to each.

✮ G&G Shinny Aqua (Puffy 3 Tone) 14.5 mm ✮


 

Enlargement: 5/5
For only being 14.5 mm, these are pretty amazing. They make my eyes look really big, but not too big. These are especially great for people with dark eyes, because the part of the iris shown looks like one huge pupil.
Me being silly.

Yay for big eyes!

If you want to have bigger eyes that don’t make you look too much of an alien, these contacts are the way to go!

Color: 4.5/5
The color is really pretty, and the blue is vibrant on my dark eyes. While I had hoped the blue would be brighter, and a bit more light, I like the color nonetheless. Not too dark, not too light. If you look closely you can see some yellowish surrounding the pupils, which is a pretty color effect.



Comfort: 5/5
Very comfortable! I forgot I had them in most of the time. Just remember to “break in” new pairs of circle lenses. Wear them for only a few hours one day, then the next day increase the hours a bit and so on. Regular contact users should have no problem with these.

Overall, I give Shiny Aqua (Puffy 3 Tone) a 4.3/5. Even though these contacts are not as bright a blue as I hoped, they’re pretty vibrant considering I have dark eyes. My friends have commented they like the color and the enlargement, so they do some justice. :3 I wish the yellow surrounding my pupils was more noticeable, because that was the reason why I bought these. However, I'm still happy with them.
I’m not sure I’d buy these again, because I only bought them for a costume, but I’m interested in the brand’s other colors (purple :3). If I had to buy another pair of blue contacts, though, I’d probably buy these again.



✮ Vassen Rainbow Eyes Grayish-Blue 14.5 mm ✮


Enlargement: 4/5
Natural enlargement. They're not as large as I hoped, but I'm glad I have one fairly natural pair that I can walk around in public with and not feel like an alien.

Color: 4/5
To be honest, I didn't like these lenses at first. Don’t get me wrong, the color is pretty, and some people have said my eyes look “amazing” with them on. However, I’m just not used to seeing myself with light eyes. My friend says I look more Caucasian with them on, which I laughed at because no one ever thinks I’m not. But she’s right, they do make me look even whiter than I already am, which makes me sad, because I’m only half. :( I've been wearing the contacts more frequently since I bought them, so I'm used to seeing myself with lighter eyes now. In fact, I like them a lot more now than since I first got them in the mail.


I’ve gotten mixed reactions, color-wise, towards these contacts. Most people say they look hazel, but only a few actually nail it and say they’re grayish-blue. Nonetheless, the color is very beautiful and blends nicely with any eye color.

Comfort: 4/5
Out of the three pairs of circle lenses I bought, these are the most uncomfortable. They take a few minutes to get used to after putting them on, and I can only wear them for so long until I have to take them out. My regular contacts are much more comfortable. I managed to get through a school day with these, though, so they’re definitely not unbearable. I just feel them on my eyes more than my other contacts. These are definitely not late-night contacts.


If I’ve learned anything from purchasing these contacts, it’s that I realized I love brown eyes. I hate to sound negative, because these are really lovely contacts. I am simply not used to seeing myself with such light eyes.
I feel it was a good experience, because now I know I’m blessed to have dark eyes, and not light eyes like my mom always wished I was born with

Overall, I give Rainbow Eyes Grayish-blue a 4/5. The color is pretty and natural, and many people say my eyes are beautiful with these on. I would recommend these to anyone looking for natural looking gray circle lens.

2 comments:

  1. They look pretty on you ♥, I think I might get a pair of the Vassen Rainbow lenses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^^ As far as I've seen, all the Vassen Rainbow lenses are beautiful and look natural. If you don't want gray, my other favorites (from what I've seen on other people) are the Greenish Blue and Brownish Hazel, but all of them are pretty. *O*
      I definitely recommend the Vassen Rainbow series! They're kind of uncomfortable to wear, but the color is so vivid and natural looking that it makes up for it. :D

      Delete